[nabs-l] Participation in a Study

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 5 03:51:52 UTC 2012

sounds like good research

-----Original Message-----
From: Susana Verdinelli
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 10:47 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: [nabs-l] Participation in a Study

Dear List Members,
Greetings! My name is Susana Verdinelli and I am a faculty member at Walden
University. I really appreciate that you consider participating in a project
that I am conducting. I hope you don't find my message intrusive.
The project explores the factors that contribute to the engaging and
perseverance in graduate studies among persons with disabilities enrolled in
online programs. I want to invite you to participate in this project. I
believe that understanding the factors that contribute to academic
persistence in online environments may help recognize students with
disabilities' needs and inform educational institutions how to better
address them. The title of the project is: Persistence Factors in Pursuing a
Higher Degree among Graduate Students with Disabilities. The study received
IRB approval from Walden University.
You can participate in this study if you meet the following three
conditions: (1) You are a graduate student, (2) You are a person with
disabilities (e.g. (a) physical or sensory conditions, (b) health impairment
or problem, (c) learning disability, or (d) attention deficit disorder, (3)
You successfully completed at least one quarter in your online program. You
have to be enrolled in an online program, although not necessarily in a full
online school as the one I work for. You will be completing a demographic
form and participating in a phone interview that will be audio recorded. The
phone interview is expected to last 45-70 minutes. A brief follow up
interaction with the researcher will take place to clarify aspects of the
interview.
A 50 (fifty) dollar compensation will be given to each participant.
If you have questions about me or about this project or you just want to
know something else before committing to it, please contact me at:
Email: susana.verdinelli at waldenu.edu<mailto:susana.verdinelli at waldenu.edu>
Phone: (469) 277-2320
Thank you very much for reading this message and consider participating.
Kindly,
Susana

Susana Verdinelli, Psy.D.

Core Full Time Faculty

Counseling Psychology -School of Psychology

College of Social and Behavioral Sciences

Walden University

100 Washington Avenue South

Suite 900

Minneapolis, MN 55401