[nabs-l] Southern Strums Questions

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:23:32 UTC 2012

Texas:

I did not see Southern Strums on the convention agenda this year. Is
it not happening? Or was it not included on the agenda since it is off
site? If it is happening, is it too late for submissions? I am asking,
because I have a good friend at BLIND, Inc. who is an excellent
guitarist. If submissions have not closed, can someone tell me how
auditions take place? Does each act have to contain a singer? Are
there acts that might need a guitarist? Are there instruments on hand
for musicians who may not be able to or wish to afford checking their
instruments at the airport? My friend will be attending his first NFB
event, and I think this would be a great opportunity for him to meet
other blind musicians and share his talents. So, if someone from TABS
could email me off list with answers to these questions, even if
Southern Strums is not happening this year, but so I can know for the
future, that would be great.

Thanks.

--
Cynthia Bennett