[nabs-l] Info on Accessible websites?

Chrys Buckley cbuckley at pdx.edu
Fri Jun 8 17:38:25 UTC 2012

Joshua - thanks! That's my old blog, I haven't updated it in something like
two years. I had fun with it but I am ready to move on to something else
and this time will be building my blog/site for more professional purposes.

Tony - thank you so, so much for all this helpful information! You're
right, that document is a bit overwhelming. To be honest, my coding skills
are pretty limited right now and I have a feeling even wordpress will have
a learning curve, as I've read there's a fair amount of coding involved. So
I'll probably start with that and go from there. I will definitely try
things out with VoiceOver - I've experimented with it off and on but don't
know it all that well, so trying things on my site/blog out with VoiceOver
may be a good thing on a few levels. And don't worry, there will be no
capcta things anywhere. They are so, so frustrating. I'll look into
Akismit. All this info is so helpful. Do you have a wordpress site? Or know
of any that are run by blind people that are accessible? It might be good
to try out VoiceOver on something that is already working right before
trying it out on mine.

Thank you!
Chrys

--