[nabs-l] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: National Federation of the Blind Urges Boycott of Goodwill Industries

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 00:46:30 UTC 2012

Hi All,
I too read the press release with much interest, because a very good
non-disabled friend of mine is the Youth Program Director for the Goodwill
in her area. I concur with the point that Arielle makes, in fact, I plan on
talking with my friend to see what the status is for disabled employees in
her region, I am a definite supporter of fair wages, but I too believe that
we can also take this opportunity to educate and create awareness among the
local leaders of this company. If Goodwill receives pressure to compensate
its disabled workers from us, as well as from within its own ranks, then
perhaps the outcome we desire will be reached much sooner.
It's mind boggling to know that even now, in the twenty first century, the
practice of paying people less than the minimum wage is allowed, and not
only that, protected by law.

...Gabe

Gabriel M. Cazares, 1st Vice President
Texas Association of Blind Students - TABS