[nabs-l] Blind vs. Visually Impaired

Preston Gaylor pgradioman at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:33:37 UTC 2012

Hi all, I would like to share with you how I was born blind and how I call some of my friends blind. I was blind since birth, just like Arielle. A lot of my sighted friends eversince I started school, were wondering how I get around and do the same thinggs as they do. I don't mind talking about my blindness to other people because it helps them understand more about my disability. I call some of my friends blind because we share with each other on what blindness means to us and we also educate ourselves on what we can do to make other people aware of blindness. I am considering going to a traing center after high school to get all the skills I need to live on my own and for college. I want to go into radio, or if that doesn't work out for me, I wanat to also be a computer IT. Oh, and I forgot to metion earlier that i am legallily blind, have ROP and can see some light, some color, and shadows. Have a good day all! Preston Gaylor