[nabs-l] NVDA and other screen readers

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 18:05:59 UTC 2012

Hi Ashley,

As Joshua said, you can download NVDA from www.nvda-project.org. You might also want to check out mainmenu.acbradio.org. The Main Menu team put together a comprehensive ZIP file which includes the NVDA screen reader itself along with a lot of tutorials on how to use it.

As for comparisons, I can't really speak to that. I did download NVDA as a backup screen reader in case JAWS didn't work for something. However, after a couple weeks of using it, I didn't really like it and uninstalled it. I don't know if this was just a matter of my inexperience with using NVDA and my experience with using JAWS or if it's just that JAWS is a better screen reader, but I'll leave that up to more experienced NVDA users to decide.

Chris