[nabs-l] Xbox 360 Accessibility

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Wed Jun 27 19:58:54 UTC 2012

The XBox is a custom platform, most of everything runs on the .net
framework. Since it supports reflection (being .net), making it
accessible shouldn't be a huge issue. It is not, however currently
accessible. There are a few platforms that work on XBox, Netflix, for
example. Apart from gaming you also have music and the like as well.
Alternative solutions exist to this though; appleTV is a lot cheaper and
still allows for netflix, and through ITunes you can just stream your
music across the local network.

I do not see much of a point in making this platform accessible, until
(and unless) someone decides to write audio games for it. There are
games that can be played if you sit down and figure them out, but from
this point it seems more cost effective to just write games for the PC.