[nabs-l] Using smartphone for school?

Nallym Bravo nbrav003 at fiu.edu
Fri Jun 29 18:15:37 UTC 2012

Phil,

My iPhone is what keeps me organized. I use the calendar and reminders
to stay on top of homework and meetings. I use pages together with a
blue tooth keyboard to right notes or even do homework on the go.
As an English major, many of the texts I use for class are on iBooks
which is great. I also use language apps like Verb2Verb and google
translate when I need a quick fix in a French class. Even apps like
Wikipedia are helpful, not for any serious research but when I'm
trying to get broad ideas and general background information.
Best of all, FIU has its own app. I use that to register for classes,
view my online courses, keep up with campus news, etc. The app is
actually super accessible which makes my life awesome.
Honestly, I use my phone so much that I don't even think about it any
more. There are countless other ways, I could go on and on. I didn't
really realize it until I started writing this response, but I'd say
that having a smart phone has really helped me be productive,
efficient, and organized.

Best,
Nallym