[nabs-l] PowerPoint and jaws

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 04:14:28 UTC 2012

Press f5 to start the slide show. Presss space to go to the next slide
and backspace to go to the previous slide. I thought you could move
line by line and word by word and such, but I don't have a lot of
experience. You can tab and shift tab between objects. An object on a
slide might be a table, a block of text, or the slide's title. When
you're editing a PowerPoint, you use f6 and shift f6 to move between
the ribbons, the slide areas, where you type the contents of the
slides, and the list of slides.

I actually like PowerPoint. I think it is an essential skill if you
are going to give presentations, which almost everyone will have to.
It is more accessible than it used to be, but I am annoyed that the
formatting is different from options in Ms word. For example, you
choose schemes instead of individual fonts and colors, and the names
of the schemes do not indicate what they look like, so I don't trust
my judgment on choosing one.

Arielle: I love that feature of Gmail, but I have found that I can't
count on it. Maybe PowerPoints are better, but I know that many PDF's
I encountered would not show up as text in the quick view.

I do have a question though. In Office 2007, there was a way to save
PowerPoints into word documents. There were options such as showing
the entire slides, or putting it into a bulletted outline view. I have
not found this in 2010. I know that you can save as to an outline in
RTF, but it isn't as clean as the Ms outlines used to be, so I am
curious if that option is somewhere else in the menus that I just
haven't found yet. Thoughts?

Cindy