[nabs-l] Looking for community service stories for March

Community Service Blog nfbcsblog at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:17:01 UTC 2012

Please pass the following announcement on to anyone you think would be
interested.

The Community Service Group is looking for stories to feature on its
blog at nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com. This month there are two
themes. Feel free to write on one or both.

1. College students: It’s almost that time—spring break! While some
students are preparing to head to the beach or to spend a relaxing
week at home, others are getting ready to spend their spring break
serving others through an alternative spring break project like those
offered through the United Way National Alternative Spring Break.*
Have you participated in an alternative spring break project in the
past? Are you going to this year? If so, we want to hear about it!

2. Spring means flowers, more time spent outside, and warmer
temperatures. However, spring also means unpredictable and sometimes
violent weather. Tornado season begins in March for some parts of the
U.S., and Flood Safety Awareness Week is March 14-18.** Have you
participated in a disaster relief effort, and would you be willing to
share your story?

You can start sending in your stories immediately. Stories should be
no more than 500 words. Stories should be submitted by March 25 to
ensure inclusion in the blog during the month of March, but this is a
month-long event. In keeping with the theme, we want to feature
stories throughout the month, so feel free to send them in any time
between now and the 25th. Send stories as an attachment or in the body
of a message to nfbcsblog at gmail.com. Be sure to include your name,
state, and a title with each submission. I look forward to reading
about your experiences.

*More information on the United Way National Alternative Spring Break
can be found at
http://liveunited.org/take-action/alternative-spring-break.

**More information about Flood Safety Awareness Week can be found at
http://www.floodsafety.noaa.gov/.

Chris Parsons
Blog Coordinator, Community Service Group