[nabs-l] FW: [Blindtlk] MathFlow 2.0 Released

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 01:34:29 UTC 2012

FYI:

 ---- Original Message ------
From: David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com
Subject: [Blindtlk] MathFlow 2.0 Released
Date sent: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:33:21 -0500

--------------------------
MathFlow 2.0 Released
LONG BEACH, Calif.  - March 22, 2012 - Design Science today
announced the
release of a major upgrade to its MathFlow product line.
MathFlow is a
set of components that are widely used to add math editing,
display and
accessibility to publishing and editorial systems, elearning and
assessment applications, enterprise solutions and commercial
software
products.  The technology at the heart of MathFlow is MathML, the
XML
standard for representing mathematical notation that is an
integral part
of many documentation and accessibility standards, including HTML
5,
EPUB 3, DAISY, DITA, DocBook, NLM, etc.
MathFlow 2.0 adds many new features, including support for MathML
3's
elementary math and line-breaking, the ability to customize its
look and
feel to match its host application, 64-bit Windows support, Plane
1
Unicode, STIX fonts, localization, enhancements for geometry,
math-speech, accessibility and more.
"MathML is rapidly becoming essential to elearning system
providers, and
publishers of ebooks and other online content.  MathFlow 2.0 is a
major
step in the evolution of our industry-leading MathML component
suite.
Besides providing the best MathML formatting, our support and
training
are second to none.  There is just no reason for our customers to
risk
the success of their publishing and development projects on any
other
MathML solution," said Paul R.  Topping, Design Science's CEO.
Evaluation software, development licenses, and deployment
licenses for
OEM distribution and enterprise solutions are available.  More
information is available on the Design Science website,
www.dessci.com.
About Design Science
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Long Beach, California,
Design
Science develops software used by educators, scientists and
publishing
professionals, including MathType, Equation Editor in Microsoft
Office,
MathFlow and MathPlayer, to communicate on the web and in print.
For
more information please visit
www.dessci.com.
###
Bruce Virga -- brucev at dessci.com
EVP of Sales & Business Development, COO

Tel: +1 (562) 432-2920
Fax: +1 (562) 432-2857
Mobile: +1 (949) 233-8212

Design Science, Inc.  --
www.dessci.com
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California 90802 USA

~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation
Editor ~