[nabs-l] Careers in assistive technology

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 02:47:04 UTC 2012

Kayla,
It depends. Do you want to teach assistive tech, write scripts or what?
In general, if you want to teach it, most employers just require a college
education with some demonstrated knowledge such as passing some computer
test or questionaire.
If you want to teach in a school system or contract with one, you will
likely need a special ed degree or license.
Also, some rehab teaching programs have a assistive tech emphasis in their
universities.
Rehab teaching is where teachers teach daily living skills to blind and
visually impaired people.

Ashley