[nabs-l] Fire Walls

Bill cassonw at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:14:24 UTC 2012

AVG does have a free version that is for virus protection. It is
called AVG Free and I believe it can be downloaded from their website.
I would recommend using windows firewall for the firewall. As to
Joshua, you should never run more than one virus protection program on
a computer at a time. They have a great tendency to conflict with each
other and render both useless. I use Microsoft security essentials on
my system for virus protection. It is availible from
download.microsoft.com. Though anti-virus programs can help, the best
thing you can do to prevent viruses is behavior. Never click on links
or attachments in email unless you specifically requested them or the
sender told you they would be sending one. Second, be very wary of
sites that host illegal content. One such site I know that has been
getting popular is channel 131. This site is known to host viruses.
Another good way of getting viruses is through the use of illegal
torrents. I know as poor students we love pirating, but apart from
being illegal(you probably will not get caught :)) you open yourself
up to viruses and other malware. Sorry about the long diatribe, but I
hope that can help at least one person who reads it be safer online.
Bill

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%40gmail.c