[nabs-l] student conultants needed

Loew, Ruth rloew at ETS.ORG
Mon May 14 21:14:09 UTC 2012

As many of you know, ETS is updating the self-voicing GRE General Test for blind and low-vision test takers.  We need some students or recent college grads who are blind or have low vision to come to the ETS campus in Princeton, NJ for a full day, preferably in early June, to try out and give feedback on the practice materials for the new version.  These individuals should be people who have not previously tried out or taken the self-voicing test.  They should be either college juniors/seniors or recent college graduates who are in, applying for, or at least considering grad school, and they should be comfortable using screen readers and other text-to-speech applications.

Since math content is included, as well as verbal, we need participants who are very familiar with mathematics, at least to the Algebra II level, and comfortable with Geometry. This familiarity must be current (that is, the person can't be "rusty").  We'd like, if at all possible, to find people who are within a one-day round trip of Princeton - the NYC/NJ/Philadelphia/Delaware area.  We'll pay for transportation, and participants will receive payment.

If you're interested, please contact me off-list: RLoew at ets.org<mailto:RLoew at ets.org>.  Thanks!

I'll be at Convention, as usual, and hope to meet more of you there.

Ruth C. Loew, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Office of Disability Policy, ETS
phone: 609-683-2984