[nabs-l] Please Support The National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska Today, May 17, 2012

Tony Olivero anthony at olivero.us
Thu May 17 07:51:59 UTC 2012

Friends:

Today, May 17, 2012 is not just an ordinary Thursday. Today, is in
fact, Give to Lincoln Day. ON this most magical of Thursdays,
nonprofit organizations that serve constituants in the city of
Lincoln, and surrounding Lancaster county, are raising money to
support their programs and services.

I think most of you know how important being a member of the NFB is to
me. This organization has had a profound impact on my life,  by
connecting me with positive blind mentors, and allowing me to give
back in a number of ways. I am asking you to consider a donation to
the NFB of Nebraska today. Why today? Well, as I said before, this is
a Magical Thursday. Fore, you see, your donation will be matched by
the Lincoln Community Foundation. That's right, whatever generous
donation you are able to give will actually be instantly* multiplied
and will have double the impact in the community.

The NFBN does a number of good things throughout the state that I
think you  will find worth while. We work with parents to help their
children learn Braille (without which, they will join the nearly
ninety percent of blind adults who are illiterate); we conduct
seminars for students and parents introducing them to the alternative
techniques of blindness; we provide scholarships to blind college
students; and are involved in many more activities that promote a
positive blindness philosophy.

Please take a moment and visit
http://j.mp/g2lnfbn
 and make a
donation. Please also share this with anyone else in your circle of
contacts you think may be willing to support us.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Tony Olivero

*Instantly, given the nature of data processing, internet
communications, and phillanthropic check-writing processes may range
from 2 seconds to a non negative, as yet undetermined, number of
weeks.