[nabs-l] Device Helps Blind See with Tongue

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:25:43 UTC 2012

I would just rather see one of those "Google data Lenses" made for the
blind. Have you guys heard anything about the Data lenses that Google has
been trying to put out for the public? They are lenses that, supposedly,
work just like little smartphones embedded in glasses that you put on. The
user who puts them on can control and see just about anything and everything
and research just about anything and everything and get just about anything
and everything on his reach just by looking at something or just using them
as mobile gadgets. At least that's what I understand. Having said that, If
Google can come up with "data lenses" for the blind that could:
A.  Have a built-in screen reader and a built-in earpiece;
B.  Audio-describe everything that is going on that a white cane or even a
guide dog can not reach or tell, just like in audio-described movies;
C.  Automatically give details of current location and information when I
get lost and when I am in an unknown place I don't know;
D.  Automatically use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to read every
single sign, post, bulletin board, white/blackboard, and printed pages of a
regular book, booklet, and notebook without relying on someone else or even
the KNFB reader to get the most instant and real-time information never
possible; and
E.  Work in conjunction with notetakers and computers that use screen
reading software.

Right there, I would be a very happy blind person emulating and getting
closer to being a sighted person. You can find more info on these glasses by
googling them or going to HTTP://NEWS.CNET.COM. Just my 50 cents.

Cheers,
Humberto