[nabs-l] Device Helps Blind See with Tongue

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Fri May 25 22:49:22 UTC 2012

Hello,
It's someone who knows how to read English being asked to teach French. Of
course the teacher should know French German and Italian in order to teach
languages, but they are just used to teaching younger kids basic grammar.
That basic grammer doesn't cut it for older students.
I wanted to learn nemith and music and she just sat there while I went
through a Hadley course. She didn't participate very much at all. When I
asked to learn music, she was like Oh no, I don't know about that, there
isn't any course that teaches it and I don't know it...
Of course she was talking off the top of her head and hadn't been doing her
homework...
As a student I'm expected to constantly be checking what's going on in my
field and learning about as much as I can. That won't stop when I'm a
professional, it will get harder! Just because you graduate from school
doesn't mean you can be a slacker and still call yourself a professional!
School districts and agencies need to separate the dead weights from the
active teachers and get rid of them. Because the only thing that a bad TVI
does to someone that's more advanced than they are is bring them down and
that's the most terrible thing one can do to an enthusiastic student.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs