[nabs-l] board game adaptations

Patrick Molloy ptrck.molloy at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:18:18 UTC 2012

Hey Ashley,
There are actually some games that are accessible right from the
get-go. Perfect example: Mancala. Think of it kind of like chess, but
less complicated. If you do a quick Google search, you'll find it.
Mancala is all about strategy. You don't have to worry about a
cluttered board, because the board is a rectangle with six holes
running down each of the two long sides. It's actually really easy to
play, and as I said, it's accessible right out of the box. Another
good game is shut the box. If you can't get it with Braille, you can
easily put Braille labels on the number tiles and just use a set of
Braille dice. I know Scrabble is definitely out there in Braille,
because I once got it as a Christmas gift.
Patrick