[nabs-l] E-Mail Restored To My Control

Courtney Stover liamskitten at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:11:35 UTC 2012

Hi all:

Thanks so very much for letting me know that my E-mail had been hacked.

Fortunately, I was able to access the account, and change the
passwords/etc. etc.

I have a tip for GMail users among you.  This applies equally for
sighted and blind; for the totally blind, you will require help
setting this up, but not using it on a daily basis.

There is a feature within Google Accounts called Two Step
Verification.  What this essentially does is give you a new
verification code, iether by voice call or text message each time you
sign in.  Without knowing your phone number, a hacker is unable to
bypass this second step and enter the account.  It is cumbersome, but
it seems imminently more secure.

I only learned about this in researching prevenative methods today so
something like this wouldn't happen again, and thought I would share.
Again, thanks so much for all your messages and offers of help.
Warmly,
Courtney