[nabs-l] NVDA Questions

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:32:59 UTC 2012

Hello,
I use both, the only reason why I use Jaws still is because I am constantly
using Jaws scripts for products that NVDA would never support. I've also not
the time to write dictionary's for NVDA like I have with Jaws. I also use
the multiple language switching feature in Jaws constantly, so that is
another thing NVDA doesn't have to my knowledge.
Admittedly I don't have
training on NVDA like I do with Jaws, but what I have found is that NVDA is
awesome except for the above.
I do know people who swear  by system access though, but I've never used it.
My mom, a TVI is looking to switch over to NVDA for her students instead of
Jaws because of the huge cost of maintaining Jaws for both the school and
the student's family.
I say go with it! Just make sure you change that voice!
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs