[nabs-l] Disappointed in changes to my college degree plan!

Joshua Lester JLester8462 at PCCUAEDU.onmicrosoft.com
Wed Nov 14 03:24:16 UTC 2012

The counselor said that it was new state requirements but they've told me every semester, that it woulc be my last one, but they keep adding stuff.
My state, (Arkansas,) wants too much stuff!
Blessings, Joshua
From: nabs-l [nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] on behalf of Jane [juanitatighan at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:21 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Disappointed in changes to my college degree plan!

At the risk of sounding ... difficult. Why bother with Braille by the classroom doors? They had Braille signs on each building at my university, Braille on the rest rooms, and I think there was a Braille sign near our Office of Disability services. If you are just counting doors to find the right one anyhow, or judging distance, you don't need the Braille on each classroom door. This is just my opinion. I have to sayI also thought the Braille sign on each building was silly. If you didn't know where you were, even seeing the building label might not help much.
I should clarify they did not actually put labels on the outside of the buildings, but they did label the rest rooms and some other things at my request.

Also going in "knowing I will loose" is not a good way to start off. Frustrating as it is, you still have to project confidence. It's not easy to do, but you have to.

As for the degree in behavioral health, I don't know for sure how often *those* change. Before you go and talk to them, check with other universities in your state and see if they are updating their degree programs. If so, then it's a state-wide requirement or three that have been added, and everyone, everyone, everyone regardless of disability or lack thereof, is gong to be forced to bite the bullet and deal with it, or get a different degree.

Jane