[nabs-l] curing blindness

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 02:32:38 UTC 2012

Hi Ashley,
That's a good point about restaurant menus and brochures, but
technology is improving in regards to that. I was just reading about
the new Braille Plus which is made by APH, and how it's going to be
running Android, so will be an extremely powerful note taker. I bring
this up because it also includes a camera, and it said that something
like that could be used for scanning menus and other things like you
described. I'm not sure if it's going to be able to do bar code
scanning. Perhaps so, considering that you're supposed to be able to
download Android aps, but since I'm pretty unfamiliar with the Android
OS, I'm not sure if there is one for bar code scanning yet. Anyway,
this is a big step up for people who don't want to use touch screens
but desire some of the things you describe, since I know the IPhone
can do this stuff too, but some people have their reasons for not
wanting to use touch screens.