[nabs-l] iphone issue

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 23:10:55 UTC 2012

It is an improvement in my opinion. I particularly enjoy custom actions, and the fact that touch typing mode is a lot more responsive now. The maps app works with VO in an incredible way. You can actually touch the map and follow streets etc. VO makes a particular noise when you follow a street, and lets you know when you get to an intersection etc. Turn by turn navigation is also accessible. What's for sure is that iOS 6 is not any worse than iOS 5, so just go ahead and update. No strange bugs or issues for me...
On Oct 1, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Arielle Silverman <arielle71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> In your experience, is IOS 6 an improvement over IOS5 in terms of
> accessibility or otherwise?
> I guess I'm kind of techno-lazy, but I usually don't like to install
> upgrades until I've verified that the upgrade is actually an
> improvement and that the benefits of upgrading outweigh any bugs.
> Arielle
>
> On 10/1/12, Chris Nusbaum <dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Gloria,
>>
>> Since you are typing in an email address, the period and at signs are
>> automatically put on the keyboard to the left of the return key, which is
>> at
>> the bottom right corner of the screen. So, if you touch the bottom right
>> corner of the screen and VoiceOver says "return," move your finger to the
>> left until you touch a key and VoiceOver says "at." Then simply double tap
>> on it and it will be typed in. If you need to type an at sign and you're
>> not
>> in a screen in which the at sign is automatically put on the keyboard,
>> double tap the "more, numbers" key at the bottom left corner of the screen,
>> then move your finger to the right until you touch the at sign, then double
>> tap it. Good luck with your new iPhone!
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Chris

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%40g