[nabs-l] iphone problem

Joshua Lester JLester8462 at PCCUAEDU.onmicrosoft.com
Sat Oct 13 21:29:57 UTC 2012

If I can get Rehab to help me with the Braille overlay, I'll use that with it.
I've just got to have buttons that I can feel, because that's what I'm used to.
Blessings, Joshua
From: nabs-l [nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] on behalf of christopher nusbaum [dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:26 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] iphone problem

Joshua, I had an iPod touch for a while and now I have an iPhone. The
touch screen is definitely a learning curve, which is why I was
reluctant at first to get an I device. But, you get used to it, and I
am now using it with ease. So, don't let the touchscreen turn you away
from an iPhone, as it's a good device if you know how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 13, 2012, at 5:20 PM, Joshua Lester
<JLester8462 at pccuaedu.onmicrosoft.com> wrote:

> To respond to Jewel's comment, I wasn't intending to be rude.
> It isn't off topic, because the IFone is a touch-screen device.
> I've had trouble figuring them out in the past, so if it has a touch screen, I'm usually turned away from it.
> That's why I don't want an IFone.
> Blessings, Joshua
>
> speaking of iphone problems, does any1 no how i can help someone who just got an iphone, he is totaly blind, and doesn't no how to turn on speach
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Oct 13, 2012, at 12:03, Jewel <herekittykat2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Joshua,
>> Your comment is of no use to the current topic, and is in fact very
>> rude. Maybe she *gasp* wonder-of-wonders *likes* having a touchscreen.
>> Just because you wouldn't do it, doesn't mean other people shouldn't.
>> You have a tendency to make snarky remarks that are of no help to the
>> person asking the question and personally, I find it very annoying.
>> Please stop. As the saying goes, if you have nothing good to say,
>> don't say anything at all.
>> ~Jewel
>>
>> On 10/13/12, Sophie Trist <sweetpeareader at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Gloria, I agree. I would rather use the iPhone with a couple of
>>> minor bugs than use another kind of phone. Like you, I was
>>> resistent to the whole touch screen thing, but when I went to
>>> camp at LCB and saw how efficient everyone was with them, I
>>> decided to get one. It is by far the most accessible and advanced
>>> phone out there.

>>> music. The same thing happens if someone calls me and I don't
>>> answer. This has happened n a couple of very awkward places and

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/sweetpeareade