[nabs-l] Protected View Question

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 00:21:46 UTC 2012

Hi Cindy,

I'm a little confused by your question. If you are hoping to turn off
Protected View permanently, you can do so by going to Options in MS
Word, select Trust Center in the drop down, and click on Trust Center
Settings. Uncheck the boxes next to Enable Protected View for Files
Originating from the Internet and for Email Attachments and you should
be all set. If JAWS is announcing revisions as you edit a document,
this probably means that you have Track Changes turned on. This
feature is designed for collaborative editing-- All your revisions
will be marked in a different color so that others can tell your work
apart from the original text. If you want to turn off this feature,
the keyboard shortcut Brice suggested should do the trick. Hope this
is somewhat helpful and let me know if you need me to clarify
anything!

Katie