[nabs-l] Frustrated with school!

wmodnl wmodnl wmodnl at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 11:54:48 UTC 2012

As an individual who completed an undergraduate degree, and who is now completeing a masters degree, I have some advice for you.  First, I would take a proactive approach and obtain information on your courses and texts well in advance.  For example, if you are interested in the material for the Fall, you should start doing the leg work in April or May at the earliest.  If you are doing leg work during the summer, when many are out or having strange office hours, it is good to go in to the department offices and discuss your situation to see what information you can find.
Finally, in regards to obtaining texts, it always looks better when you (we) approach disabilities service offices with information on what we need and the steps taken thus far.  Remember this, in all aspects of life (even on a job), there will not always be a disabilities service office.  One needs to be proactive, thinnking outside the box, and ready, showing there work.  Have a good day.

Sent from my iPad