[nabs-l] accents in Microsoft word 2010

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:13:33 UTC 2012

I do it a little differently. I press Insert + the number 4 on the
number line above the alphabet keys, and then select the symbol by
pressing the letter it relates to. For example, if I want to write
¿Comó esta? I press Insert + 4 and select i for inverted question mark
and scroll down to that symbol. Then for the accented o, I press o and
it's the first one. The accented letter will always be the first one
for a particular letter, such as á, é, í,ó, and ú. The second in the
list will be the same letter, capitalized. Then it will follow with
other accent symbols and other symbols, such as æ or the inverted
question mark I mentioned earlier. This is very useful for Spanish as
the accents needed for Spanish are first in the list.

Hope that helps,
Jewel