[nabs-l] voting accessibility

Stephanie DeLuca sjhhirst at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 18:48:45 UTC 2012

Dear Lou Ann,

The National Association of Blind Students (NABS) has been discussing voting accessibility lately, especially since, as students, we are all in a good place to inform the public about the need for accessible voting and educating blind/VI voters on their rights and responsibilities.  One key part of this is that we need to know what exactly ARE our rights and responsibilities?  Which laws should we read?  Do you know how we can access that information?  We all feel that this is quite important, as voting is something that every citizen has a right to do, but several stories have been shared on the list in which the blind/VI voter was not able to vote in private using the "accessible" voting machine.  We look forward to hearing from you soon!  Thanks!

Stephanie DeLuca