[nabs-l] Long-Distance Dating

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:32:32 UTC 2012

Desiree,
I have created a list on GoogleGroups before and it was very
accessible. A GoogleGroup administrator can also control who can join
the list, if we are concerned about age restrictions or at least not
letting in those who don't have an established link to the blindness
community. The moderator should also have the power to kick someone
off the list if they are using it for inappropriate purposes,
particularly if they are communicating in inappropriate ways with
teens.
If you want to set such a list up on GoogleGroups, I would be willing
to help moderate. I would probably want to expand the upper age limit
a bit beyond 21, so that older blind folks who have more experience
and perspective with these issues can provide advice to younger ones.
Arielle