[nabs-l] I just discovered something!

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Sep 20 09:58:43 UTC 2012

Lets define our terms, so we are talking about the same thing.  First
services can be delivered to blind persons as part of a "combined"
agency, that is blind services and general rehab, other disabilities
are all delivered from the same department.
r, services for the blind can be delivered from a department agency,
not a part of the general agency.  This separate agency may or may
not be a Commission..  I would define a Commission as a separate
agency that has a governing body, and that this body ideally be
composed of a majority of blind persons, and it governs the agency,
sets policies, hires a director etc.

I could be wrong but think that around half, probably a few less,
have blind-only agencies.   Of these -- how many are Commissions -- I
don't officially know, but think the number is relatively small I
would guess s 5 to 10.

Dave