[nabs-l] Extremely frustrated with microbiology class

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:48:41 UTC 2012

I'm taking a class in microbiology that I need for my degree program,
and one of the things I need to do for the midterm lab praticle is
identify cells under the microscope. The thing is, my lab assistant is
not allowed to give an in-depth description of the cells, nor can I
ask him questions like "What colour is it?"...I have to identify the
cell by looking at a tactile image that I can't understand because the
image is not of good enough quality for a tactile image to work, and
I'm having trouble getting my professor to understand my problem. She
says I should be able to recognize the cell based on the tactile image
and specific questions to my lab assistant, but I can't ask him "What
colour is this blob here?" or anything. I am not sure what kind of
questions I *can* ask him, nor am I sure how I am going to identify
cells based on images that are just blobs and dots to me. Please, can
someone give me any ideas or suggestions? This has me frustrated to
tears, beause I'm afraid I'm going to fail the lab practicle because I
don't have access to the same materials as everyone else. Help please!
~Jewel