[nabs-l] two questions about the ipad and the braillenote apex

Herrin, Amber herrinar at muohio.edu
Sat Sep 22 02:11:34 UTC 2012

Vejas:

Though I am late to your questions, I'm not seeing where anyone else
responded to them, so I will do my best to do so.

First-I don't know if there is an actual keystroke, but if you focus
on the page number which is an adjustable box, like a combo box or as
VoiceOver says a picker, you can press dot six chord or dot three
cord, depending on which direction you would like to move. Perhaps I'm
incorrect, and if there is a better way, I'd love to hear of it for my
own references sake, but I don't believe so.
Second-Capitalization will depend on what grade you choose to write
in.  If in grade 2, you can, of course, press dot six before typing
the first part of a sentence, whether that is a letter or a character.
 If, however, you are writing in grade 1 or computer braille,
capitalizing is not as straightforward.  On my Focus 40, I have a
shift key, and press it while simultaneously pressing the dots which
make up the first letter I am meaning to use which needs capitalizing.
 However, there does not appear, to my knowledge, to be a shift key,
as it were, on the Apex's layout.  Enter in combination with a letter
would likely perform some obscure command which I have absolutely no
knowledge of, and backspace, or dot seven, would probably either do
nothing or delete something instead.  On this, I'm sorry to say, I'm
unable to help you.  I am happy to try to look into it for you if it
is that you are needing to write strictly in grade one.

Yours,

Amber H