[nabs-l] Nationwide Employment Mentoring Project for Students Who are Legally Blind

Price, Kevin pricek at UIC.EDU
Mon Apr 1 14:15:31 UTC 2013

Students,
Here is an opportunity if you are legally blind.  Check below for the information and contact person with more information.
Hope you had a great spring break!
Kevin

I am contacting you in the hopes that you can help identify college-age students who are legally blind.  The National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision (NRTC) at Mississippi State University continues to seek students and professionals to participate in a nationwide Employment Mentoring Project that pairs students with legally blind mentors and offers career resources in an effort to improve employment outcomes.  We are looking specifically for students graduating college or  grad school between August 2013 and December 2014. Students graduating before March 2014 should sign up right away to be included in the next group!

Students must be legally blind, under age 35, living anywhere in the U.S., and seeking employment after graduation. Although finding students to participate is our greatest need, we are also seeking legally blind mentors. Do you know of anyone who might meet these qualifications and would benefit from participating?  If you do, please share this information!  For more details, please visit: http://tiny.cc/mentoring-project  or contact Dr. Jamie O'Mally at nrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu  or 1-800-675-7782. Also, please consider sharing or signing up for our national Participant Registry for Blindness and Low Vision Research (http://tiny.cc/participant-registry ).

We really appreciate your help!

Jamie O'Mally, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor
The National Research and Training Center on Blindness & Low Vision (NRTC)
Mississippi State University
P.O. Box 6189
Mississippi State, MS 39762
662-325-2001