[nabs-l] Employment Research Study

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:41:13 UTC 2013

Dear list,
My name is Arielle Silverman, and I am a doctoral student in
psychology at the University of Colorado at Boulder. My advisor, Dr.
Geoffrey Cohen, and I are conducting an online study investigating
blind and visually impaired adults’ experiences with preparing for and
getting employment. We are looking for legally blind adults over the
age of 18 who live in the United States and who are currently seeking
employment, as well as high school and college seniors and graduate
students who plan to graduate in May or August 2013, to participate in
our study.
This study consists of three phases, which you will complete entirely
online. During the first phase, you will answer some questions about
your background, attitudes and personal experiences, and will write a
short essay about a personally significant event. This session will
last for about 45 minutes. Then, you will be asked to fill out a brief
questionnaire every night for the next seven days, describing your
experiences and things you did during the day. Each of these should
take about 10 minutes. Finally, about a month from now, you will fill
out another online survey similar to the first one, which should take
about half an hour. In exchange for your participation, you will
receive three $10 gift certificates to a merchant of your choice
(either Amazon.com, Itunes.com, Olive Garden Restaurant, or AMC
Theaters), one for each phase of the study.
To be eligible to participate, you must be:
(1) a legally blind adult aged 18 or older living in the United
States; and either
(2) currently seeking a long-term job, or
(3) a student planning to graduate by August 2013 and then planning to
seek employment after graduation. High school, college and graduate
students are all eligible, as long as you intend to seek employment
immediately after graduating.

To complete the first part of the study and receive your first $10
gift certificate, please go to:
http://ucsas.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1OdonrYSXxrepfL
Or, if you would prefer, you may email me at
Arielle.silverman at colorado.edu
To request a text version of the initial survey.
If you are not eligible to participate yourself, I would appreciate if
you could forward this announcement to anyone you know who is eligible
and might be interested.
If you have any questions before, during or after the study, feel free
to contact me at
Arielle.silverman at colorado.edu
You may also contact Dr. Geoffrey Cohen at
Cohen.geoff at gmail.com

Thank you in advance for your participation in our research.