[nabs-l] Questions About Accessing Books

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 05:32:54 UTC 2013

Hi All:

So, I love to read.
What is the current access we have to mainstream Ebooks?
Is the Nook for PC accessible yet or is it only the Iphone/Ipad app?
I love reading but I can't stand reading on the Iphone/Ipad. I don't
mind voiceover for short things but I hate reading with it.
I prefer to either read in braille, on the computer using Jaws, or
listen to an audiobook.
Does anyone use the Blio EReader? Is it accessible? If I were to
purchase a book on it can you read it using Jaws?
There is a book I want to read that I can't find on either Bookshare
or BARD and I looked on the Blio reader store and it is available for
only $2.99.
What sources do you use to get books for pleasure reading?
At this time, are there any other sources to read Ebooks on the PC
using Jaws besides Blio and Bookshare?
I know books can be read in braille on the Iphone/Ipad using a braille
display but I currently don't have one.
Thanks,
Kerri