[nabs-l] Article: Audio-based virtual gaming aims to help theblind navigate, CNet News, April 1, 2013

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 17:15:10 UTC 2013

Hello,
It is the special map the users build based on the small environment the
game has. The monsters and jewels are not necessary, but help cement the
directions in the player's mind.
I'm not sure why they are doing this now as I've been telling people that
playing games has helped me considerably in developing my mapping skills and
if I had a game for a place I wanted to travel, I would have considerably
more knowledge of a place than I would if I heard directions from someone,
saw a map or even walked it.
I'm excited they are heading toward this and hope the next generation of GPS
technology will include interactive environment's.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs