[nabs-l] Get to That Training Center!

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:42:36 UTC 2013

How to Get to that Training Center!

We know people like you. You know that you want to get comprehensive
adjustment to blindness training, and you would really like to go to an NFB
training center. But you have also heard the horror stories about how
difficult it is
to convince your VR counselor that attending an NFB training center
will give you
the proper training and tools to reach your true potential.
Join us for an informative call with special guest Al Spooner,
Assistant Director of
Outreach and Marketing at BLIND, Inc., one of the NFB’s training centers, to
learn how to work with a difficult agency. You’ll get a start to
finish timeline of
what documents you’ll need to fill out, how to word things, and how to problem-
solve when your counselor does not respond or sidesteps your requests.
You’ll also
hear from Cindy Bennett, NABS Secretary and Membership Committee member
on her experiences problem-solving with her state agency to get to,
and to stay in
training for the amount of time she needed.

When: Sunday, April 7, 7:00 P.M. Eastern
Where: Call 605-475-6700 and enter the access code 7869673
Who: Anyone who could benefit!

We look forward to sharing our insight on how to make your own, informed
choice and get to that training center! We’ll be available to answer
questions after
the presentation.

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com