[nabs-l] FW: [nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} Fw: Don't Deny Blind Grad Student Support He Needs to Graduate

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 05:10:19 UTC 2013

Also, adding again to what Arielle pointed out, another helpful detail
for us to know might be what he wants these reader services to be used
for.  Granted, I'm not a masters student, but perhaps he isn't getting
20 hours of reading time because Georgia Tech has provided him other
means of accessing the information such as electronic text files which
would do the same thing as a reader when read with voice output of
some sort.  Until we know more about the situation and what he wants
to do with the services he doesn't feel like he's getting, if Georgia
Tech really isn't providing these services under reasonable
circumstances, and other information along those lines making an
informed decision is tough.  Also, I noticed the third time reading
this petition that it was started by one of Vincent's friends, not
Vincent himself.  I don't know how it slipped past me the first two
times, but it's also possible that this friend has just google
searched or drawn conclusions based on what he sees Vincent getting in
comparison to something they read online or what another blind grad
student said they got from their university.  It's great that this
friend wants Vincent to reach his full potential, but I'm confused as
to whether Vincent is doing fine with what he's got and the friend is
just overly concerned, or if there actually is a problem with the
university not doing what they should to give Vincent the ability to
achieve his full potential.  Any clarification, if you can give it of
course, would be great, and I'm sure that if the latter is the case a
bunch of us will quickly step on board to sign the petition.

Kaiti