[nabs-l] Voc Rehab request denied

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 01:17:10 UTC 2013

VR will pay for an out-of-state vendor if you can prove to them that
the vendor is better than what you can get in-state. If you haven't
already, you should write a letter describing why this vendor is
superior, and send it to your counselor and to his supervisor. You
should also contact Bob Kresmer in AZ to see if he can help you with
your appeal. His phone number is:
520-733-5894
or
krezguy at cox.net
He is the president of the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
and he knows who is at the top in Arizona VR. If you think getting a
prescription from this place will make a difference in your education,
you should pursue it.
As I mentioned in a previous email, I also think that learning the
basics of JAWS, or another screen reader, would benefit you a lot in
your studies and your everyday life. Have you talked with VR at all
about getting screen reading software?
Best of luck,
Arielle