[nabs-l] Looking for Blind VoiceOver Users To Test SideCar Ride Sharing App & Report Accessibility Experiences

Mika Pyyhkala pyyhkala at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 03:54:34 UTC 2013

Download the app here:
http://t.co/Sn1cpcQLyf
File Accessibility Reports by Email to:
e-hail at nfbma.org
Twitter: @pyyhkala @NFBMA @EHaila11y

Greetings,

The NFB of Massachusetts and Mika Pyyhkala are investigating the
accessibility of the SideCar ride sharing app to blind VoiceOver users
with Apple iOS devices.

Here are some questions and answers about this project:

Q: What is SideCar Ride?
A: SideCar Ride is one of several emerging E-Hail apps that allow you
to request a ride or ground transportation via a mobile phone or
device.  Other E-Hail apps you may have heard of include Uber, Hailo,
Lift, etc.  These apps allow you to track the arrival of your vehicle
with your smartphone, check the availability of nearby vehicles,
complete payment electronically, and receive accessible digital email
receipts.  E-Hail apps have many benefits to riders and drivers that
were previously not possible or available.

Q: What citys is SideCar currently available in?