[nabs-l] Google car takes to the streets

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Sun Apr 14 18:42:28 UTC 2013

Public transit serves our need just fine? Really? First of all I don't want
to settle for just fine! Apparently you have not really tried to go to many
places!!! Because I have lived in major cities San Diego, North Chicago
suburb and Phoenix and they are plenty of places the the bus does not even
go near not to mention I don't want to take 3 hours to get somewhere. I
want a life that is not 5, 6,7 hours a day a a freaking bus!! I have zero
desire to ever live in the actual down town of a city.

I have had to take en entire day off from work to go to a 15 min doctor
appointment because of how long it took on the bus and it was a 25 min car
drive.

I have ridden the bus for 47 years and I am tired of it! I still hate it.

How about grocery shopping? I don't want to be limited to what I can carry
walking to the bus stop and then walking form the stop to my house.

I want to be free to go where I when when I want and for how long I want
and ALONE if I want