[nabs-l] Google car takes to the streets

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 14 22:23:22 UTC 2013

Good afternoon one more time everyone,

    Better yet visit http://www.blinddriverchallenge.org

    There's lots of information about our efforts to develop this technology
along with videos showing a blind person driving the car on the track at
Daytona Beach. The technology and the possibilities have all ready been
demonstrated. I also understand that several blind individuals have driven
the car on the streets of Baltimore with success.We all need to unite and
work with whomever will partner with us be it Google or someone else to
insure that any self-driving vehicle that is developed is controllable by a
blind person and that our right to operate such vehicles is protected. We
don't need the very people who stand to benefit from the freedom and
empowerment such a vehicle could give us undermining such a noble
initiative.

Peter Donahue