[nabs-l] the test accomodations

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 29 19:57:20 UTC 2013

Hi Justin and everyone,
Oh how I'd love a braille copy. that would eliminate this problem of hearing
a reader state these words.
No, they will not provide braille. They have no one to run the braille
production anymore; I don't know what the assistive technology guy left.
They would have to outsource the brailling and there is no time for this.
Additionally, I asked my disability counselor to get another exam brailled
last semester. She refused! As I said, she is difficult to work with.
She will do what is minimally required. Her response and argument against
braille was the following:
1. The college is only required to provide access and you can read the exam
with jaws.
2. You are not entitled to your prefered format of an exam.
3. No one is available to braille your exam in-house and it is not necessary
to braille this exam. We won't pay for the outsourcing to translate into
braille because you have a means to access the exam now.

It was a pr exam btw.
So, I'm sure I cannot get a brailled exam, even if there was enough time.
She would make the same arguments I believe.

Ashley