[nabs-l] organizing print papers

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 18:25:03 UTC 2013

Hi Sophie,

There are several very simple solutions to this. I used to hand in
print papers in high school as well and file folders are extremely
effective. You can get folders for each subject and put braille labels
for math, English, etc and this way, all your papers for each class is
organized in one place. Another method that worked really well for me
is I would use a Perkins brailler (or slate and stylus if you don't
have one) and braille the title of the paper at the bottom of the
page. Binders and office pouches can be useful as well, but I found
that they were too messy for my taste because my papers would always
end up in the wrong sections. I'm not sure what year you are in high
school, but I would also recommend you start sending papers to your
teachers through email; I started doing this my junior year of high
school just to get me prepared for college. A lot of professors papers
to be sent electronically and it makes life a lot easier for you as
well.

Hope this helps,
Minh