[nabs-l] question about summer camp

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 13:38:20 UTC 2013

No, the counselors are not blind, although on their website, they
claim that the staff are blind, but that is not true.  While
they're in training, they learn how to work with blind people,
but they are not blind.  Yes, I made a lot of friends at camp,
but they are also totally blind like me.  Also, the camp also
webcomed campers who could see some, like my rommmate could.  And
yes, I probably shouldn't put that on the application, but rather
just tell the counselors, whoever my counsarors happen to be or
whoever attends the fire, that I want to do the gestures.  But in
daiay activities that involve hand gestures, like music where we
learned the sign language for "Do Re Mi" from Sound of Music,
they do make sure that campers who cannot see are fully included
in the activity.