[nabs-l] Google Drive accessibility

Merlyn Hileman merlyn_hileman at aol.com
Wed Aug 14 23:22:38 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am about to start 10th grade. My high school has just started using
Google Docs and Google Drive for file sharing. This means that a
teacher can create a file with assignment instructions using Google
Docs, and share it with his/her students. The problem is I cannot read
a file in Google Drive. I just tried opening a copy of my summer
assignment from my teacher's webpage. It opened in Google Drive, and I
was able to read the first few paragraphs, but not the entire document.
Only the first few paragraphs were displayed on the page. I checked the
whole page, and there didn't seem to be a button to move to the next
page. I tried pressing Alt-Control-Z to toggle screen reader
support--nothing happened.
So my question is--how do you get Google Drive to display the entire
document at once? As I said earlier, I just started using it, so this
could seem like a really basic question. Any other tips you have for
using Google Drive would be helpful. Thanks.

Merlyn Hileman