[nabs-l] Accessible Bible Apps for iOS

christopher nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 01:42:15 UTC 2013

Dear All:

I am looking for recommendations for accessible Bible apps for the
iPhone. When I searched on the app store, I found many different Bible
apps which purport to do pretty much the same thing: give you access
to the Bible and allow you to read any part of it on your iPhone. So,
I am wondering if there are any particularly accessible apps for this
purpose. A blind friend told me about an app called you version, but
when I searched for it that app wouldn't come up. Instead, it would
take me to an app which was simply called "Bible" from life church.tv.
I tried installing it and playing with it for a little bit, but it
seemed inaccessible to me, as many of the buttons were poorly labeled
if labeled at all. This made it virtually impossible for me to
understand what was in each menu. Has used version been taken off the
app store? Are there any other accessible Bible apps you use? Is the
Bible app accessible, but I just hadn't played with that enough? Any
help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. I realize that
not everyone on these lists Is a Christian, so I apologize in advance
for asking a slightly religious question on the secular list and ask
for your patience as we Christians talk about apps that only we would
use. :-)

Thanks in advance,

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone