[nabs-l] Accessible Bible Apps for iOS

Benjamin Vercellone benvercellone at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 04:25:43 UTC 2013

Hello Chris.
There are Definitely  a number of good accessible Bible apps. One which I like a lot is Blue Letter Bible. The Blue Letter Bible website is at www.blueletterbible.org. The full website is rich with content. Of course you can get their app from the app store. I'm pretty sure the app is free, but I can't promice I remember correctly. If you install it, it will show up as BLB. You can also go to the Blue Letter Bible website by typing www.blb.org. Anyway, on the app, you can have access to the King James Version without needing internet access, but most, if not all other available translations require an internet connection. This is not an issue to me because I have the iPhone. I find the app to be rather accessible, and since all the available Bible versions are free, the only restriction might be if you don't have an internet connection. Also, when you are choosing which book of the Bible you want to read, the books will not be listed in the same order that they are listed from cover to cover in the Bible. But this is not a big issue for me since there are not hundreds of books. I don't know why they are organized weirdly, but that is not a big deal to me. There are Definitely some other good apps too, but this is one of my favorite. And it's pretty easy to find on the app store. It seems to me to be a rather simple app, but there's probably nothing to lose since I'm pretty sure it's free. Hope this helps.
In Christ,
Ben

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16