[nabs-l] question concerning Spanish 1 class

Kayla Weathers brailleprincess at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:56:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I’m taking a Spanish 1 class this semester in college and was curious
as to the strategies that other blind students have used to be
successful in foreign language courses. I have a Braille copy of the
textbook and from what I have seen thus far, there doesn’t seem to be
that many differences in Spanish and English Braille. The professor
posts the majority of the assignments, quizzes, and tests for the
course   online.  I know it is possible to configure JAWS to speak in
Spanish, and have considered trying this to complete the online
assignments however, since I have had no prior experience with Spanish
I’m not sure how effective that particular strategy will prove to be.
 I’ve also considered the option of using a reader to complete the
assignments. I was also wondering how to configure the Pacmate qx 400,
so that I will be able to use it to complete assigned work in Spanish?
Thanks, Kayla