[nabs-l] Students with guide dogs

Leye-Shprintse Öberg leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Sat Aug 31 19:46:09 UTC 2013

BS"D

I only want to point out some things.

It is not the dog's coat which gives the allergic reaction, it is the dog's saliva. The saliva consists of allergen which make some people sick. Actually, every dog owner carry allergen and therefore the dog is not the only problem for people with dog allergies. A dog who is well cared of, bathed and gromed do not cause more problems for a person with dog allergies then a dog owner in general does. Many persons with dog allergies can take medecins but for few people this do not work, for them it would be a problem to only meet a dog owner.

I do not hope none take this personally but I only want to clear up things. I live in a country where the Allergic lobby has a very strong voice which makes it hard to live with a guide dog here. We get refused to enter shops, restaurants and universities because 'a person can get an allergic attack'. Okay, therefore this subject is close to my heart. I understand that it can be a problem for people with allergies but it is not my problem, my dog is well taken care of and she will not be upin  people faces. I really feel for Joshua and others, it must be difficult but I wish it would be more respectful especially in my own country where it sounds lile my dog would kill people with dog allergies which is not true.

Kind regards,
Mlle. Leye-Shprintse Öberg

Courriel : leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Journal : http://leyeshprintse.blogspot.com